Last weekend I did the makeup for the entire bridal party for my cousin’s wedding. This was my first wedding, so I learned a lot along the way. If you’re doing makeup for a wedding anytime soon, I highly suggest taking these things into account:
- DO A PRACTICE RUN WITH EVERYONE. I can’t emphasize this enough. Everyone has different eye shapes, face shapes, and skin colors and complexions, so you need to know what you’re working with before the big day.
- Talk with each girl and find out how she usually does her makeup and take this into account. You want them to feel comfortable and like themselves.
- Don’t use anything with SPF because it will reflect in the photographs and make their skin appear washed out.
- Leave eyeliner off the waterline. Instead, apply some eyeshadow on the lower lash line. This will open the eyes up and make them appear bigger and more doll-like in pictures.
- Find a nice area to set up everything beforehand. It’ll save a lot of time and stress.
- Make sure you know what the bridesmaids dresses look like in advance in order to coordinate the eyeshadow and blush shades and make sure you bring everything you need.
- If you’re an amateur makeup artist, have each girl bring her own face makeup and mascara. I did this to make sure everyone had the correct color face makeup and for sanitary reasons.
- Take into account the setting of the wedding and reception.
- Don’t stress too much :)