I got the NAKED palette from my sister for this past Christmas, and it quickly became my favorite palette. I will do a more in-depth review later on, but I decided I would show you swatches of all the eyeshadows for now.
According to Temptalia, the eyeshadows colors are described as:
- Virgin is a pale, shimmered nude beige. It’s very, very light, but it’s such a beautiful neutral. It’s a little frosty for a highlighter, particularly on darker skin tones, but it would make for a great all-over wash or pop of light on the inner tear duct.
- Sin is a champagne with a touch of pink and a frostier finish. This shade is permanently available.
- Naked is a matte medium beige-brown. It has a very soft, smooth texture–not at all powdery or chalky.
- Sidecar is a shimmered, medium bronze brown with almost a red undertone. This shade was in the first edition of the Book of Shadows. (I didn’t see it on Urban Decay’s website at all.)
- Buck is a matte darkened beige-brown. It’s really a darker version of Naked. It has the same silky smooth texture and rich color pay off of Naked, too.
- Half Baked is a coppery bronze with a frost-metallic finish. This shade is permanently available.
- Smog is a medium dark bronze with a gilded bronze sheen. This shade is permanently available.
- Darkhorse is a darkened deep chocolate brown with flecks of bronze.
- Toasted is a medium dark pinky brown with a shimmery finish. This shade is permanently available.
- Hustle is a dark plummy chocolate brown with a soft shimmer finish.
- Creep is a darkened blue-black base with silver and teal shimmer. Urban Decay said “onyx with gold glitter” but I really didn’t see the gold.
- Gunmetal is a blue-gray metallic that really must be seen to be appreciated. It almost feels like a duochrome, because it flashes blue but it’s dark and smoldering. This shade is permanently available.
I use Virgin as an inner corner and brow highlight.
I use Sin as an inner corner highlight or all over my lid.
I use Naked all over my lid.
I use Sidecar all over my lid.
I use Buck all over my lid or in my crease.
I use Half Baked all over my lid.
I use Smog in my crease.
I use Dark Horse in my crease.
I use Toasted all over my lid or in my crease.
I use Hustle in my crease.
I use Creep in my crease.
I use Gunmetal all over my lid or in my crease.
1. Virgin, Sin, and Smog
2. Virgin, Half Baked, and Smog
3. Virgin, Sin, Sidecar, and Smog
5. Virgin, Naked, and Buck
6. Virgin, Sin, Toasted, and Smog