I know there have already been some homecomings this year, but my school’s is October 8th. That means today is the start of Homecoming Week.
For the kickoff post I am going to talk about my sister’s homecoming dance. Normally her middle school does not have one, but the cheerleaders hosted one this year for a fundraiser.
My mom and I helped her get ready, and she said the dance was a lot of fun. :)
Directions for her makeup:
1) Put an eye primer all over your eyelids and on your bottom lash line (NOT your waterline.)
2) Place a soft brown eyeshadow all over the eyelid. Apply a champagne colored eyeshadow in the inner corner and as a highlight below the brow bone. Put a darker brown in the crease.
3) Line the bottom lash line with a soft brown eyeliner pencil. On top of it, apply a brown eyeshadow to help it stay.
4) On the top lash line, place a dark brown eyeshadow. Put a very, VERY thin line of liquid black eyeliner on top of it.
5) Apply one coat of clear mascara on the eyelashes. Then, apply one coat of black mascara.
6) Use a face primer all over the places that you get oily or where your makeup disappears first.
7) Apply a tinted moisturizer all over your face using a foundation brush to get more coverage.
8) Put a concealer under your eyes and wherever you have blemishes.
9) Set the tinted moisturizer with a light powder.
10) Lightly place bronzer in the hollows of your cheeks, your temples, your nose, and your forehead.
11) Apply a light pink blush to the apples of your cheeks.
12) Put a highlight on the bridge of your nose, your temples, and just above the apples of your cheeks.
13) Use a light coral lip gloss to your lips.
14) Set makeup with a makeup setting spray.
Directions for her hair, which my mom did:
1) Make sure hair is completely dry.
2) Spray a heat protectant on any place you will be curling.
3) Curl your hair using a one inch curling iron (I think, I’m not sure what ours is).
What she looked like before she left:
Happy birthday, Landon!